Craig is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, with over twenty years’ experience working in CFO/Finance Director and Financial Controller roles across businesses of varying sizes and complexity, including SME private equity (PE) backed firms, a £100m+ turnover family-owned construction business, £2bn+ turnover FTSE 100 PLC and owner-managed businesses.
Craig is a highly motivated finance professional, with extensive leadership, management and hands-on transactional experience in the energy services, construction, information technology, fuel card and utility sectors. Craig possesses a broad range of finance and leadership skills, which can add immediate value in support of existing or newly appointed business leadership teams. Key skills and experience that Craig brings to a prospective client include:
- a wide range of Board-level finance experience, including influencing business strategy, setting and applying effective financial approval controls and governance, financial decision making, company secretarial duties, risk management
- strong cash and working capital management skills, with extensive balance sheet review and cashflow forecast and reporting expertise
- designing and implementing monthly financial control and reporting processes
- successful leadership of PE-backed business finance functions, including ongoing equity and debt reporting and exit process
- proven track record of delivery of financial performance and business improvement initiatives
- strong leadership and people management skills, successfully leading teams of varying sizes and skillsets, ranging from four to more than two hundred, comprising both professional accountants and non-finance staff
- twenty-five years+ post CIMA qualification finance function experience, particular strengths include cashflow, budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, implementation of long-term contracting WIP accounting processes
- integration of acquired businesses and processes following M&A activities, including financial ERP migration projects, “one hundred day plan” design, implementation and delivery
- excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills, with considerable experience of dealing with all levels of management and other key internal and external stakeholders eg lenders, PE investors, HMRC, external audit, “big four” accounting firms
- considerable drive and self-motivation to succeed
Craig has a very engaging and professional management style. He is very enthusiastic, an excellent team player and a real problem solver bringing an additional energy to any team.
Craig lives in Warrington with his wife Nicola and eleven year old son Harry. As well as spending quality time with his family, in his spare time Craig likes to play golf, go to the gym, watch Bolton Wanderers and listen to music.